Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Big Idea

Since we were given this project I had an idea in mind, when I think of the Nissan Altima yes I think of Innovation but I also think it can be a universal car made for anyone and still be the best in any situation. In the beginning of this project I wanted to do an ad for a magazine or billboard and after much research I have learned that Nissan's commercials have always been more exciting and fulfilling then the ads. The creative content is more clear and and can be translated in many ways. The Nissan Altima is Innovated but traditional it remains true to its core values and I want to translate that in a TV commercial. "Creative advertising requires the communication of a meaningful message to an audience through an idea, expressed through the visual design and copy"(Advertising in Design, Robin Landa, 20). For my campaign I chose the slogan "On the road with you until the end". My idea is that the Nissan Altima is a trustworthy car that will get you to your final destination through hardships, changes and innovations it will maintain its traditional value of safety and compliance. I relate the journey of an owner and his car with ones on life journey, with every obstacle in your way you learn to get back on track, but in this case the idea is that the Nissan Altima will go through many milestones in  a person's life but still be there reliable and in its best condition keeping up with any new trend and technology. "Creative thinking is the ability to stretch beyond the ordinary, to be original, innovative, and flexible. People who think creatively recognize commonalities, visualize metaphorically, modify and elaborate imaginatively, and envision the unlikely. Certain behaviors promote creative thinking, such as looking for connections, observing acutely, asking questions and recognizing problems, and being open to new ideas and methodologies" (Advertising in Design, Robin Landa, 33). I understand that maybe many companies have used this idea or format but I like to think that my idea is unique in the fact that not many people can relate the importance of buying a car and being the owner of your first car or reaching high milestones in your life, you want to do that and when it comes to choosing a right car for you, you should be able to feel comfortable and satisfied of your decision. I think that the Nissan Altima is a great model to use for this campaign because it a car with  a well-known reputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment