Saturday, August 31, 2013

Promotion

As I mentioned before my first idea was to create only an ad or billboard, but now I want to focus on a commercial as well as stills for billboards. I want a storyboard that can give the main points in my commercial and I could also use as ads. "Stories are a way for people to communicate and relate. In the course of a day, each of us tells stories to connect with others, to work things out, as a way of explaining what happened or what we are thinking and feeling. Some of us may even read or tell a bedtime story, a traditional tale or legend, or a literary tale" (Advertising in Design, Robin Landa, 41). I think that this process will be a great way to translate my message and idea to the public. "People are engaged by compelling narratives. If a brand or group has a story to tell, then it will be more dimensional. Through the branding, advertising, and every point of contact, people learn the brand story" (Advertising in Design, Robin Landa, 56). I want to have this storyboard in a TV commercial, to be seen in major networks. I also think this TV commercial will be great online as it can reach a younger generation that is on the internet for the most part. Youtube and Facebook are great social medias that are gateways to target a younger generation and I also think that TV commercials will target older generations. I want this story to be able to reach out to different and every age and race segment. As well as social class and to be as universal as possible. Thinking more about my ad I want to engage the younger crowd as well, I want to add a catchy tune that will draw a younger generation crowd but I also want to keep it traditional and innovative at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment